Goan Prawn Curry with Coconut is a sour and spicy curry whose origin is Goa and also called as Ambot Tik. You can serve this with some steamed rice and can enjoy your satisfying meal!
- For prawns: jumbo prawns/shrimp (at least twenty, cleaned and deveined)
- Water (for soaking prawns)
- For masala: red chilies (eight to ten, dried)
- Garlic (at least six cloves)
- Peppercorns (one small spoon, whole)
- Coriander Seeds (one big spoon, whole)
- Cumin seeds (one small spoon)
- Tamarind (one small knob/one big spoon Tamarind Paste)
- Turmeric Powder (one small spoon)
- Coconut (one and a half cup, grated)
- Coconut Milk (one cup)
- For curry: Coconut Oil (one big spoon)
- Ginger (one big spoon, finely minced)
- Onions (one and a half cup, finely chopped)
- Tomatoes (one and a half cup, finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves (at least eight to ten)
- Take prawns and start defrosting them. Now transfer them to a bowl of cold water so that they are soaked properly (at least for fifteen minutes). Wash the prawns in running water (once or twice) and them to the curry.
- Now just grind all the ingredients mentioned under masala to make a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add ginger and onions to the oil. Now sauté the onions till they turn golden brown and add tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes for five minutes or more till they turn into a thick and smooth paste.
- Add the masala and Salt (As per your taste) to the pan and bring that to a boil. Now just reduce the flame under the pan and simmer the masala for at least fifteen minutes till it turns slightly dark. Drain the water from defrosted prawns and add them to the gravy. Cook it for eight to ten minutes. Now just top it with some curry leaves and mix well. Turn off the flame and let the prawns curry rest for five to six minutes.
- Serve the hot Goan Prawns Curry with steamed rice.
Try this recipe and do tell us in comments how you like it. And if there are some suggestions do tell us by commenting.
- Chicken (About one and a half pound)
- Eggs (Three, beaten)
Take a saran wrap and place chicken between it, after placing it in between, lightly pound and then cut the chicken into a strip, make as many strips as you want.
Time for some dipping, and for dipping, flour, eggs, and flakes, once done with arranging the ingredients, dip the chicken in flour after flour take a bowl and that bowl break three eggs and then beat them properly after beating the eggs, dip the chicken strip in the beaten eggs and then in flakes.
Time for cooking, place your pan on the stove and then turn the stove on, add butter and allow it to melt and then place the strips on the pan and cook, once done cooking turn off the stove (cook both the sides for about three minutes).